Narrative Therapy Level Two Intensive (5 days) 13th – 17th November 2023 (online)
Presenter: Dulwich Centre Faculty
Date: 13th – 17th November 2023
Time: 9.00am – 4.30pm (Adelaide time)
This one week training program is designed for those practitioners who have already attended a Level One intensive or its equivalent and would like to extend their knowledge and skills of narrative therapy. This skill-building workshop will be tailored to the interests and contexts of group members. Areas we will address include:
- The clinical implications of what is absent but implicit
- Narrative responses to trauma
- Outsider witness groups using those with insider knowledge
- Ways of scaffolding conversations through different narrative questions
- Developing experience-near questions to expose normalising judgments and discourses
- Using narrative ideas in a variety of contexts — individual, couple, family, and group therapy
- Weaving practices together in ways that follow the preferences of those we work with
- Slowing down interviews to explore the effects of different practices and to expand our range of possibilities.
Our methods will include:
- Reviewing videotapes
- Engaging together in interviews
- Exercises designed to practice skills and engage more fully in the narrative worldview.
PLEASE NOTE: Participants must have attended a Level 1 Intensive or its equivalent in order to attend this workshop.
This intensive will be taught in English with an Australian accent! It’s necessary to have a very good grasp of spoken English as there’s lots of discussion in small groups, practical exercises, and interactive classroom discussion.