International events and training programs
A year-long narrative therapy and community work training course is being held in Brazil with an international team of teachers. Details at https://reciclandomentes.org/1o-curso-de-formacao-em-terapia-narrativa-e-trabalho-comunitario/#saiba-mais
For more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
A series of narrative therapy workshops and a one year training program are currently underway in Beijing, China. For more information Email: email@example.com or phone: +86-0-1355-2693-859.
A One Year Advanced Training Program in Narrative Practice is regularly held in conjunction between The Centre for Youth Research and Practice at Hong Kong Baptist University and Dulwich Centre. This program receives recognition of prior learning towards the Master of Narrative Therapy and Community Work. To be taught in Cantonese and English by local experienced narrative practitioners and Dulwich Centre International Faculty.
Children First, in collaboration with Dulwich Centre Foundation, offers these teaching programs:
- One-year certificate in narrative therapy – this program provides recognition of prior learning towards the Master of Narrative Therapy and Community Work (registrations open in December and the course begins in April every year).
- Five-day introductory course in narrative therapy (registrations open in June and the course is held in August every year).
In August 2021, Dulwich Centre Foundation offered a series of workshops for Kurdish and Iraqi colleagues at the Jiyan Foundation in Kurdistan, Iraq. These online workshops involved colleagues seeking to respond to the experience of Yazidi community members, many of whom are women who were captured by ISIS and are now seeking to remake their lives. These workshops built on earlier collaborations with the Jiyan Foundation that led to this resource: Responding to survivors of torture and suffering: Survival skills and knowledge if Kurdish families
In the near future, Kurdish narrative practitioner Pshko Marden will be assisting Dulwich Centre Foundation to create a free Kurdish online narrative practice course.
Further training with Treatment and Rehabilitation Centre for Victims of Torture (Ramallah) by Dulwich Centre Foundation
2021: One year training program held in conjunction with SOS Rwanda. This program includes a teaching block in February and August in Rwanda.
Graduate Certificate in Narrative Therapy in Singapore 2021: A whole series of training workshops and certification module, held in conjunction with the SEL Network. This program receives recognition of prior learning towards the Master of Narrative Therapy and Community Work. For more information, contact Andrew Ponniah (WhatsApp +65 98200904).
- Narrative Therapy Training (via Zoom) by SEL Singapore in 2021:
- March 29th – 31st (first run): Introduction to Narrative Therapy – M Fareez
- May 27th – 28th: Narrative Therapy for Young Children (below the age of 16) – Anny R and Prema M
- July 14th – 16th: Men and Family Violence (Level 1) – Chris Dolman
- August 19th – 20th: Narrative Therapy Level 2 (part one) – M Fareez
- September 13th – 15th: Narrative Therapy Level 2 (part two) – Chris Dolman
- November 10th – 12th (second run): Introduction to Narrative Therapy – M Fareez
- December 1st – 3rd: Men and Family Violence (Level 2) – Chris Dolman