For a final reflection, we would like to invite you to write a letter to feminism about the history of your relationship and the ways it has been influenced by this course, particularly in relation to your use of narrative practice. We would love to hear what you are doing or will be doing differently as a result of weaving your way through the materials in this course, and we know others would too, so please share in the reflection section below.
Here are some prompts for your letter:
- How long have you and Feminism[s] known each other? Do you remember who or what introduced you to each other?
- Have you experienced any difficulties in your relationship? Were there any times when Feminism let you down? Were there ever any other forces that got in the way of your preferred relationship with Feminism(s)? What or who got you through those times? In what ways have you re-negotiated this relationship over time?
- Who or what supports you to pursue your relationship with Feminism(s)?
- How does your relationship with Feminism(s) shape your experience of yourself as a narrative practitioner? Has undertaking this course re-shaped that in any way?
- Perhaps there is an image or a song that comes to mind when you think of this?
- Hopefully this course will have expanded your knowledge of Feminism’s multitude of expressions and collaborations with others in narrative approaches. What practice or idea are you most excited to carry forward in your work?
- Would you like to share a story about how you imagine this might (or if you have already tried it, how it did) change your practice?