2024 One Year Training Program in Narrative Therapy and Community Work
The 2024 program will consist of a Level One and a Level Two Intensive (one in February and another in November). In between these two teaching blocks, participants will be engaged in a reading/writing program relating the ideas of narrative practice to their own contexts and staying connected with each other online. In 2024, those who successfully complete an optional extra certification module will be eligible for recognition of prior learning for one subject of the Master of Narrative Therapy and Community Work. If you would like to immerse yourself in narrative ideas next year, this One Year Training Program might be for you! We are very much looking forward to this practice based training course, and we do hope you will join us. We always really enjoy this program.
FIRST TEACHING BLOCK (ONLINE)
- LEVEL ONE: A five-day intensive from 5th – 9th February 2024
This one week workshop has been specifically designed for those who are relatively new to narrative ways of working or those who have had some exposure to the ideas and would now like the opportunity to more rigorously engage with narrative practices. This course will feature a review of key narrative ideas and practices, including recent developments. For this week, participants will join a larger group. Depending on demand, this will be offered an online format via Zoom (in an Adelaide, SA timezone) as well as in-person on Kaurna Land in Adelaide, South Australia.
SECOND TEACHING BLOCK (ONLINE)
- LEVEL TWO: A five-day intensive from 11th – 15th November 2024
This one week training program will extend participants’ knowledge and skills of narrative therapy. This skill-building workshop will be tailored to the interests and contexts of group members. Teaching methods will include: reviewing videotapes; engaging together in interviews; exercises designed to practice skills and engage more fully in the narrative worldview. For this week, participants will join a larger group. This will be held online via Zoom in an Adelaide, Australia time zone.
ONLINE LEARNING COMPONENT
In between these two teaching blocks, participants will be engaged in a reading/writing program relating the ideas of narrative practice to their own contexts and staying connected with each other online in a number of ways. These include:
- Participants regularly attending (at least once a month) Dulwich Centre online Meet the Author sessions, which take place at alternating times on Tuesdays.
- Participants attend a Monthly zoom catch up with other students and a Dulwich Centre faculty member.
- Participants will be expected to be putting the ideas into practice for a minimum of 1 hour per week – Certification Module participants will need to be practicing the ideas for 5 hours per week.
The live zoom meetings will be held at different times to make the course accessible to people in multiple time-zones.
COST: AUD$3,300 (includes GST)
OPTIONAL EXTRA CERTIFICATION MODULE
In 2024, those who successfully complete an optional extra certification module in the One Year Program will then be eligible for recognition of prior learning for one subject of the Master of Narrative Therapy and Community Work (run in partnership between Dulwich Centre and University of Melbourne). This certification module involves:
- Participants recording two narrative interviews: transcribing 15 minutes of the interview, writing a brief reflection and receiving supervision with a Dulwich Centre Faculty member.
- Writing a 5000 word project about how you have used narrative practice in your work over the year. The aim of this project is to support practitioners to be able to use narrative practices in their own context and in their own ways.
- Participants will need to be putting the ideas into practice on a regular basis (can be in a paid or unpaid capacity), for a minimum of 5 hours (on average) per week for the duration of the course.
COST: The cost for this extra certification module is: AUD$1,100 including 10% GST. This can be purchased separately, here.
PLEASE NOTE: This is for participants wanting to pay upfront for the One Year Training Program. If you are wanting to arrange a payment plan, please email us to register.