We would like to acknowledge the Kaurna people who are the Traditional Custodians of the Land on which Dulwich Centre stands. We would also like to pay respect to the Elders of the Kaurna Nation, both past and present, and extend that respect to other Aboriginal Australians and Torres Strait Islanders and to all who are joining this course.
As mentioned, Phillipa Johnson is your host and guide for this course. Phillipa works across counselling, crisis response, community work and training contexts in Australia and internationally.
Here is a short welcoming video from Phillipa on behalf of all of us at Dulwich Centre …
A couple of ‘Tips’
- You will see a sidebar on your right where you can navigate through different parts of the course and return ‘home’ at any stage
- As you go through the course we will invite you to click on different links to access a reading which will open ‘new pages’ or ‘new tabs’. As you progress you can close these pages and return to the main page to continue.
- At the end of each chapter you will find a forum in which to exchange ideas with others taking the course. At different times, members of the Dulwich Centre Faculty will respond on these forums. We hope that this will be a place where people engage with each other respectfully. Please note that the views expressed in these forums are those of the group members and do not necessarily reflect the views of Dulwich Centre or Dulwich Centre Foundation. Dulwich Centre and Dulwich Centre Foundation do not accept responsibility for them.
- If you have any difficulties with this site please email us c/o email@example.com
If you would like to receive a certificate for completing this course you can do so by completing the ‘certification module‘. In order to qualify for this certificate please:
- Share something in a forum for at least 2 of the chapters
- Complete the quiz in the certification module with at least 80% correct
- Complete an essay of 1,000 words where you:
- Share three key ideas you learned from this course
- Explain why these ideas were significant to you
- Speculate as to what difference these ideas could make to your work and life
- Discuss what you would like to learn more about next
The certification module costs AUD$77
Please now proceed to the first chapter..